At IPEX 2010, Epson announced the SurePress L-4033A Digital Label Press which is a versatile short-run digital label press that has been in development for some years now. It is aimed at business owners who wants to print labels efficiently and profitably, there was no word on the pricing, however we did learn that it is based on Epson’s MicroPiezo inkjet technology and the newly developed six-color, water-based, pigment inks to ensure consistent and high quality results.
Don’t expect the same everyday specifications that you see the the Stylus SX525WD and the Stylus SX620FW Printers. Expect impressive specs such as its 720×720dpi resolution on paper and 1440×720dpi on film, its ability to print on a range of off-the-shelf papers and film up to 330mm wide and at speeds up to 5m/min and fits easily into existing digital workflows.
The main features of the Epson SurePress L-4033A Digital Label Press are listed below:
- High Quality Labels: Epson’s acclaimed MicroPiezo ink jet technology provides ultra precise drop formation and placement to deliver smooth gradations, color quality, and sharp detail for bar code readability, small type and line work
- Versatile Media Support: Prints on standard paper and film label stock up to 0.32mm in thickness and rolls from 80-330mm wide.
- Wide Color Gamut: Six-color, water-based, pigment ink system reproduces a wide range of colors.
- Enhanced Productivity: Allows commercial printers to transfer time-consuming, short-run jobs to the SurePress for more cost-efficient and timely results.
- Less Waste: No chemicals or plates are required in the pre-press process and less substrate and ink is used in make-ready for short run jobs